Thursday, January 31, 2008

We should all be so brave

My son's medical testing was today.

He did soooo well !

It was a Growth Hormone Stimulation test which involved getting an IV inserted and after some medications having several blood draws done through that IV.

They started to give him the IV but right as she started he said "Mom you know I have to sit on your lap for blood tests".
Awwwww sure buddy ! I know that won't happen for much longer but it's still nice to know he needs his Mom from time to time. :)

The one med made him sick to his stomach for a few minutes but that quickly passed and he was in heaven playing the Playstation in the Peds play room barely glancing at the nurse when she came to take the blood draws every 15 minutes.

About halfway through the test they had him take Clonindine, a med that lowers your blood pressure, but can also make you sleepy.
The med can stimulate the Growth Hormone to according to the nurse.

Within 20 minutes he was zonked and snoring and continued to do so after we got home til about 5 pm tonight.

I asked the nurse if she could possibly sneak me a few for my purse but she declined .. SIGH

That test from start to finish was 3 hrs long but he took it like a trooper.
Ya just never can predict how these kids are going to react to something but I dare you to try !!

He also had his bone age xray done today and I'm not sure what he said to them while he was in there but the Xray techs came out rofl but no one would share with me what he had said 0_0

The nurse said some of the blood work has to be sent away but they should have the results within a few days and if I don't hear anything from the Doc within a week to call her.

Overall ... a good day !!

5 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Oh man I bet you're glad that's all over. Poor Nick!! BUT!! What a trooper!

Mama said...

Sounds like it went better than you were anticipating. GO NICK GO!!

(BTW - I still James Bond was short and to not worry about it. ) :)

MNBandMom said...

Oh man Barry White??????? ROFL!!

Momijimanjyu said...

OMG my daughter would NEVER do that well. YAY Nick!!!!!!!

Drama "O" said...

Hey MomiJ welcome to my blog !

Yes Barry White MM ... I had to have it when I found it.
It reminded me of our Autism chat room days ;)