Saturday, January 26, 2008

Skillet Living

My oven died today.

Not the oven itself but the control panel that turns it on so yes my oven died today.

Most days this wouldn't upset me too much because unlike many of my friends and family I'm not a huge fan of cooking in the first place, but the other people in my house do enjoy food.

SIGH

After a quick google session I call the local Maytag parts store only to find out that this control panel costs $131.00.
Great ... with tax and shipping it is now $150.00.

Perfect that is just the amount I thought I gained back from the IRS for dependent care expenses for Summer Camp when doing a guesstimate on my taxes today.

They will have it shipped to me and it will arrive on Tuesday.
The tricky part is who will INSTALL it.

For those that know my DH this will come as no surprise but he is NOT the handyman around the house.

He said he will attempt it .. see how difficult it looks ... then decide if he will do it.

I however have bookmarked the Maytag repairmans site.

1 comment:

MNBandMom said...

Oh mannnnnn.... I'm seeing a new oven in your future. Sorry, but it's in the cards.