Thursday, January 24, 2008

Drama ... never underrated

Ahhh Drama

Embrace it .. live it .. be it ..

I am guilty of all of the above.

Perhaps that is why I love to type in BOLD font, afterall it's dramatic itself.
(Not to mention suddenly it's just sooo much easier to read)

For those of you reading along, I hope it makes it easier for you to read as well because I will be using it all the time.
(so much easier to just state things than to ask for opinions don't ya think? )

Ok back to the Drama.

I decided to open this blog for 2 reasons ..
1. Mamamormon and Marksmom have one.
2. I've been told that the Drama in my family's life could not even be depicted in a really GOOD Lifetime movie.

When I say "My Family" I am not just limiting this to the ones who share the use of my washing machine, but my extended family as well.
Actually my extended family is the source of most of the drama.

Good Times .. Good Times.

Coming from an Irish Catholic background with 4 siblings, most of us born in the 60's, should in itself explain some of the drama.

That aside even though we are all adults now it continues to be there .. a constant that seems to follow not just one of us but all of us at one time or another.

For whatever reason that is I have come to the conclusion that it's better to embrace it. After all we have THEEEE best stories to retell time and time again when we gather for the holidays.

Some of the Dramas have been outright hysterical.
Most are a comedy of errors.
Some are embarassing to a member of the family. (those we especially like to retell !)
More recently the Dramas have become deeper, more intense and life changing.

Look ,I make no claims to be a "writer". I will proudly give that title to my oldest brother because he has actually earned it.

Instead .. I am considering blogging some of the "Drama O's" to preserve them so we can not only tell the stories again, but in some cases learn from them too.

8 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Oh I love that we unconsciously BOSSED you into making a blog!!

Mama said...

YAAAA! McMit has a blog!!!

Kahlik - I'm telling ya - it relieves stress like nobody's business. You can say what ya want to without worrying that someone is judging you.

I feel so good putting out there how much life sucks some days! And it feels good to get the whole story out without someone telling ya how their life is way more pitiful and hard and they are stressed out, too - and probably much worse than you because their kids are older, their husband is grumpier, their shoes are tighter - whatEVer. Oh - now I'm venting on your blog! must stop griping......

Ohhh - Kahlik - I think this blog will be the beginning of something beautiful for you!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're the best story teller in the world - I can't WAIT!

Drama "O" said...

TY ladies !

MM you did not boss me ... I'm just easily led ;)

Mama said...

OK - so now go tell us a story.

mama waits :)

MNBandMom said...

Oh puleeese!! We SO SO SO did boss you. You couldn't be left out of the fun!!

Ok...now tell us a story.... MM puts on her comfy slippers and grabs a pillow.

Mama said...

Hey Drama-O! There's a skirt in Target that looks JUST like your blog!! Really - go look! (BTW - Target has a lot more lampshades recently - I've noticed!)

Drama "O" said...

ROFL At the lampshades !
Mama you have a great memory, poor Mr. Mormon he is really doomed when he messes up.

Mama said...

Why yes - yes he is doomed.

Sometimes, my memory even scares me. I try to use it for forces of good and not evil. 0_0